Friday, February 27, 2009

William 6

For William's Birthday this year, he decided that he wanted to go with a "Ben 10" theme.  Yes, I know...you are all just as shocked as I was.  hehe   

So, after much surfing of the net to find ideas, this is what we came up with.


Invitations

I got this idea from some lady's blog.  I would put up a link, but I can't remember where it is... and let's face it, I probably won't waste my time trying to find it.  Sorry.  



The Cake

We opted for an Omnitrix.  Nice and circular.  There were some pretty elaborate ones all over the internet, we chose the easy route.





Games

We made paper Omnitrixes then we ran an Alien Obstacle Course and hit the requisite pinata.
  
For the obstacle course the kids would tap their Omnitrix to turn into various aliens and then navigate the course.  They  turned into Graymatter to crawl through a hula-hoop,  XLR8 to run around cones, 4 Arms to throw a ball, Wild Mutt to run up the hill, and Cannon Bolt to roll down.  (I have this Ben 10 lingo down - thanks to William)

I couldn't find any Ben 10 pinatas so I just bought a basket ball one and told William that it was a mixture of Wild Mutt and Cannon Bolt.  He bought it!  


Here are all the kidos.



Make a Wish

Good shot by Emily.  I was wrangling the cunning little aliens.


Presents

All he wanted was an Alien Chamber.  Luckily he got 2 so Aubrey can play.



What Now?!

I ran out of things to do and there was still 20 minutes left.  So, we watched an episode of Ben 10.  I love my DVR.

All of the boys were singing along to the theme song.  Very cute.


Bye Bye

The kids all got to take home little goodie-bags filled with bubbles, straws, play-dough, and fruit snacks.  Pretty much everything I could find at the dollar store.

This was definitely a pizza night.  I was done....



Happy Birthday, Bubba.  I love you!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Williams!

Camille- your b-day parties are always so fun and creative!

camille said...

wow!!!! you are too good, I'm kind of glad that my kids won't be going to Aunt Cami's fabulous birthday parties every year...I won't be able to keep up (but that's the ONLY reason I'm ok with how far away you guys are) I miss you!!

Anayansi said...

very cute. you are so creative.

Unknown said...

LOVE THE INVITE! TOO DIE FOR CUTE!

Tuesdee said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! You are the woman! That was an awesome party, from invites to take homes!

Happy Birthday Bubba!

Stephanie said...

I have no idea who Ben 10 is....but the party looked awesome Cam!

Markell said...

I'm with steph on the Ben 10 thing. But I wish I could have been to the party anyway. It looked like so nuch fun. I hope I can throw Kaydence party that.... awesome! Oh and thank you guys for the computer help! You saved me a few bad words and my computer an ape like beating from me:)

Mk said...

Look at you and your Master party planner skills!!!! SO CUTE!!!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, SO CUTE! Love the invitation. Love the creativity! Love the sweet party planning skills. I'm sure the kids had a blast.
And I would love to say that I know what Ben 10 is, but I don't have a clue. Chad and I were sitting up reading about this awesome party and after we did so WE decided to search our digital cable for Ben 10 episodes. You now have us both very curious. We will now be watching a few episodes to see what it is all about. Thanks! We're excited. =)

Debbie said...

What a fun party. Daniel loves Ben 10. I'll have to remember your party outline and keep it in mind for next year. Cute cake!

Tausha Marie said...

Cami, this Ben 10 birthday party is AMAZING!!!! You are so awesome, first the cool invitations, then the obstacle course, incredible cake, movie, and sweet little baggies for everyone to take. You are a fantastic mom!