Thursday, September 3, 2009

Utah Trip - Part 1

When you're gone somewhere for a month, it is difficult to narrow down the pictures. So...here is my attempt to capture our wonderful Utah {and Idaho} Trip as briefly as possible. Hope you enjoy....we sure did!


We flew into SLC and immediately changed and ran to the Miss Utah Pageant. Kayla was wonderful and the kids enjoyed watching her. Brooke had a little fun at the motel room lining up the tissues against the door and making her 'fro' look really authentic.



We went to Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Only one of my kids stayed awake for the whole thing....it was Brooke!


Beautiful Temple - this picture was taken during the time that "flash photography" was "PROHIBITED!" Oops.


The kids went down to Larry Young's farm and walked the lambs and fed the horses. Lots of fun.




Gavin's Baptism



Then, we took off and went to the Heber Valley Car Show. The kids had a great time - Brooke only had to go to Time Out once - and Aubrey found a new role model {I sure hope not!}. Brooke kept yelling, "Take a picture of ME, Mom!"



We had lots of fun playing with the cousins and doing silly dances to Grandma's music.




For the 4th of July weekend we went to Island Park, Idaho. The first day there, we drove into Yellowstone. The kids had a great time and we were able to see lots of animals {mostly elk and buffalo} and we missed a bear by just a few minutes. Hopefully I'll load my video of Old Faithful soon.



On the 4th, we had some fun family games. I think the favorite was probably the egg toss. Everything started out well, but you know those Barclays and Kloepfers....whenever raw eggs are involved there is bound to be trouble. Before the first round of tossing was over, the egg war had already begun. Everyone was throwing eggs and it was almost impossible to avoid the flying yolks. In the end, Uncle Marty got it the worst with Doug and Karl coming in a close 2nd. We went through five dozen eggs in about 2 minutes....must be a new world record.


These were just some of my personal favs. Adam and William look really awesome with their oversized helmets, Brooke has a Mosquito bite on her nose that wouldn't go away for over a week, and Grandpa and Grandma just look really cute.

Love my family!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I hadn't read your blog for a while. It was fun to catch up on your vacation. I can tell you have a wonderful family. How fun!

Scott Barclay said...

Sorry it is a late comment but i love the post. I wish you guys lived closer to paradise so Elliott could come hunting with us. Also so we could see you and the kids. But mainly the hunting part. J/k Love ya sis.

Tausha Marie said...

I love your post. I had a blast with you and the kids when you were here in Utah. I love you and can't wait to see you again. The crazy thing is we will both have new babies next time we see each other. I'm so excited, I can't believe it.

Mary said...

Great summer adventures! It's mid-November and I'm now catching up on summer blogs!