Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fifteen Years



Fifteen years ago, today, I walked into those walls about to embark on the greatest adventure of my life.  Was I ready?  Probably not.  But I had youth, naivety, and a positive attitude on my side.  I thought I was invincible - and perhaps I was.

Today I decided to go back for a visit.  It's still as beautiful as ever.  The room where I sat waiting in my wedding dress is still there - unchanged in the past 15 years.  However, when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I had changed.  How did that happen?  I have a few more wrinkles and gray hair.  My skin is not as youthful nor as glowing.  But I would like to think I've changed in positive ways as well.

I'm more confident in who I am.  I'm more focused on the Lord in my life.   I'm a mother now and nothing could be greater than that.  I would like to think that I have more wisdom and strength now than I had those few years ago.

Perhaps I will come back again in 15 years to see how I've changed then.  However, at that visit, I may have to ask them to have their mirrors checked.

No comments: