Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bluebonnet Pictures


Between softball, baseball, piano lessons and rain we never seemed to have time to do our bluebonnet pictures. So on Wednesday when the kids got home from school we quickly changed clothes, did hair and set off to find the last remaining bluebonnets. There weren't many left to choose from.

I finally found a small patch off the side of the road by the Fellowship Church. I pulled off the side of the road, turned on the flashers and looked behind me at the kids - Brooke and Leah had fallen asleep.
Okay - new plan. I had Aubrey get out and I did her pictu
res first. Then I had William get out. The sun was bright which makes for a beautiful day but not so beautiful pictures. He was having a hard time not squinting - actually I never got a picture without him squinting. He was really upset by it, but he did his best.



Then it was Brooke's turn. I asked Aubrey to wake her up and when that didn't work, I climbed over Leah in her car seat and tried to wake Brooke up. It wor
ked well enough to get get her out of her car seat, but once I got her in the flowers she couldn't keep her eyes open.



Then on to Leah. By this point, she had woken up and so I p
ulled her out and tried to position her so that she was sitting in the flowers. It didn't work so well. Because if the incline of the ground, she had to be facing the sun so her eyes were shut in almost all of the pictures.


Finally I got all of the kids together and went for the big group shot. The kids did great considering the bright sun and crazy wind. We got some okay sh
ots. When I was looking at the pictures in the car, William wasn't quite happy with his. So, on the way home we stopped by our neighbors house and took some in their little bluebonnet patch.


Moral of the story: Take your bluebonnet pictures early so they can be redone if necessary.


3 comments:

Tuesdee said...

I can't believe how much the kids have grown just since Christmas! They all look super cute!!

Can't wait to see you guys next month!!!

Mary said...

Oh the bluebonnets! Great pictures.

I took 3 months off from blogging and need to catch up on your blog again. I'm glad you are still posting!

Debbie said...

I haven't been on your blog in such a long time. It was fun to see updates on your kids. They are just beautiful! Leah is darling.

I appreciate how real and honest you are about parenting - FHE, sibling interaction, etc. You guys are a great family! Loved catching up with you...