Friday, April 22, 2011

Grandpa Barclay



On April 2, my Grandpa Barclay (or as my kids call him, Papa Barclay) turned 80 years old. To help celebrate, Leah and I flew to SLC and then hitched a ride to Idaho with my mom.

It was great to be able to see almost all of my family - on both sides. We visited with the family in Burley and then stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Kloepfer's house so that we could visit with them.

The evening of the 2nd, all the Barclay family got together and had a huge dinner. It was followed by a wonderful bagpipe performance by Doug - he borrowed mom and dad's scottish garb and amazed all of us as he played.

After Doug, the four brothers all got to talk about their Dad - the life lessons he taught them, the funny experiences they'd had, and the example for integrity that he'd always been.

I loved being able to see all my family, but more importantly, I was grateful for the opportunity to honor my Grandpa. He always taught me that your name stands for something, so you better make it something good. He taught that family sticks together no matter what. And he taught that you treat your wife like a queen because she is your sweetheart and love - Always.

I love you, Grandpa!



All the family



The boys when they were younger


Grandpa with this boys now



Kayla and Tyson



Leah couldn't sit still



Tausha and Andrea




"Doug of the Highlands"




Sweet new baby D'Enna




1 comment:

Tuesdee said...

We really wish we could've made it!!! We miss everyone!! Thanks for sharing!!!!